25.4.10

443# Ende av kirurgi - Bokfører Operasjonen

When I asked, "When will this end?", people answered that it will end in one month's time.

Yes, it does, certainly. Surgery posting is now ended but I don't feel the relief. I will never will because I know that the end of one posting doesn't signify anything at all.

As we walk further the steps will the heavier - there are still three more postings to go before our second professional exam.



I'm in fact happy to work hard during this posting. I take that as a training to be more competent. We are supposed to be taggers, means that we have to be in the ward at 7am sharp, must know all 40 of the patients in the ward, must only leave after 10.30pm...

Under such tough requirement, I'm not really sure if I have fulfilled 50% of it. But one thing for sure, in order to be competent, the trade off is that the "small eyes" part.



I can sleep anywhere, anytime I want. During class, during clinical skills, during case presentation, or while waiting for the surgeon to come to do the night round. But unfortunately, the narcoleptic spells are absent when I'm lying on my bed - too exhausted I guess.

Night round, means that it's at night already where you have just taken your dinner, feel extremely tired after the long day. But it was just the beginning of the night where the second part of our ward work begin.

And I fell asleep at the nurse counter while waiting for the surgeon. It didn't take long for my colleague to snap a photo of me dozing off. In fact, I'm always threatened by my colleagues with their camera function cellphones and ipod. Because I'll be caught red handed small eyed.



The library is no longer a safe place to be in. Because your laptop will get hacked by some camwhores. But anyway it's always a place for me to read newspaper, dozing off and go off to class/ward again, in sequence. Notice the studying part is missing, because I don't have the chance to do so most of the times.

Reading the newspaper everyday has already taken an hour off from my free time. And some days I don't even have the time to read it.



At this point of time, coffee is your best friend. Currently I have more than a few types of coffee to indulge and sadly I can only drink the one I enjoy the most when I purchase the value meal. Buying it ala carte is not worthy. And it is not as easily available like the rest.

And now I have got the Kintamani Bali coffee from my friend. I have not open it yet, still waiting for the right time to come.



I'll be starting paediatrics tomorrow and get posted to the special care unit first. I'm not a paediatric person unlike my elder sister because I'd prefer internal medicine. But somehow it is still medically based therefore certainly I'd prefer this than other postings like, obstetrics and gynaecology...

Yes, babies are cute. But not when they fall sick.

1 comment:

Yokie(PY) said...

paediatric is fun but then when one cry the whole ward cry. can pengsan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails